Soundshop Returns Policy
The Australian Consumer Law creates guarantees which automatically protect Australian consumers and give them the rights they expect.
Soundshop respects consumer guarantees and follows these guidelines when selecting and listing items for sale;
- Soundshop checks new and second-hand items are of acceptable quality
- Any noted defects are mentioned in the item description
- At the time of sale, Soundshop items (where possible) are checked to be fit for purpose
- We ensure our item descriptions match the actual item listed for sale
- The item listed for sale is the item in the photograph used on the website
- We offer a range of spare parts, service and repair facilities for most items Soundshop sells
Second-Hand Soundshop Items
Soundshop also sells a series of second-hand musical instruments and equipment online. We carefully select what we sell online as our reputation is important to us.
As a customer please select carefully, as Soundshop is often unable to replace second-hand items with matching or similar products. Some older items are no longer produced and therefore cannot be replaced with new or similar items.
Follow the recommended steps below if your second-hand item needs to be replaced, fixed or a credit issued alongside it.
New Soundshop Items
In the event a new item has to be returned please contact Soundshop BEFORE you return the item with the following details;
- Your full name and address
- Your invoice or receipt number
- The full product name
- Your reason for returning the item
- Your request for a replacement, exchange or refund for store credit.
In the event an item has to be returned to us all freight costs are to be borne by the purchaser except when there is damage to goods upon arrival or the product is not functioning on arrival (ex. electronic equipment).
Soundshop accepts that as a consumer you are entitled to a refund, repair, exchange or credit if the items you have bought are:
- significantly different to those shown or described to you; or
- not doing what they are supposed to do (ie not fit for purpose)
Changing Your Mind
When you buy Soundshop items, please choose carefully.
Customers will not automatically get a refund for simply changing their minds.
If you do change your mind, or realise you need a different product, we will listen to your situation and consider a credit for the purchase price.
Please note that the cost of returning the goods is the responsibility of the buyer. Always keep your Soundshop receipt as a proof of purchase.
Products Damaged in Transit
Soundshop couriers always aim to supply you with the product you have ordered from us and in the condition that the goods were dispatched, however, we accept that on occasion some items may be damaged in transit.
If you find that any Soundshop items were damaged in transit or were faulty in some manner, please contact us within 24 hours of receiving the goods. This will assist Soundshop with organising for the return of the item and a possible replacement or credit towards your next purchase.
What to do when you get your Soundshop delivery
- Check the Soundshop packaging thoroughly for any damage.
- If the packaging is damaged ask the delivery driver to mark the box as damaged and sign for the goods accordingly. (NB Without the notification of damaged packaging on the consignment the delivery company cannot be held responsible for the damage and the person signing for the goods becomes liable.)
- Check the item thoroughly and ensure that you contact Soundshop immediately if any damage has occurred so that we can take the steps to address your concerns.
Damaged Items? The Next Steps
In the unfortunate event that the items have been damaged or faulty upon arrival take these steps;
- First, please call or email Soundshop directly so we can understand your situation and what has happened
- Second, take some photos of the damage as we will need to see the extent of the damage
- Third, if Soundshop is at fault we will endeavor to arrange to pickup the damaged item(s). Please help us prepare to pick up from your work place or home
- Fourth, attempt to re-packed items as best you can so they are ready for pickup
- Finally, once the pick-up agent is notified and booked, Soundshop will send you a consignment tracking number and notification that a pickup will occur soon.
[ Andrew Rickard trading as 'Soundshop' ABN 48430138531 Telephone: 0450960750 or 0456154699 ]